We’ve finished digging out from our first snowstorm of 2016; it was a doozie! Now I’m thinking about the thousands of cats that are “out there” in New Jersey right now, just trying to survive in these harsh conditions. Many are living in managed colonies and have diligent caretakers who provide shelter, food and water. Sadly, too many cats are left to fend for themselves.
This is our first larger scale effort to support TNR (Trap-Neuter-Return) in New Jersey. Harnesslife.org is collaborating with North Brunswick Humane Association and People For Animals to provide free spay and neuter for 50 feral cats. Here are the details:
- WHO: Feral cats in New Brunswick, North Brunswick Township, South Brunswick Township and East Brunswick.
- WHAT: Free spay or neuter (Includes rabies & distemper vaccines, ear tip, injectable antibiotics and pain control as indicated, tattoo and medical waste disposal.) NOTE: To qualify for the free feral surgery, cats must be unsocialized and be part of a TNR effort. TNR organization/trapper will be assessed a $20 fee per socialized cat. Additional services are available. Costs to be paid by TNR organization/trapper.
- WHERE: People For Animals Clinic, 1 Sharon Road, Robbinsville, NJ 08691 NOTE: This is at the Robbinsville location only.
- WHEN: Monday, February 22, 2016
Drop off at 7:15 AM / Pickup approx. 4:30 PM (or earlier, if approved for release – we will call)
- HOW: ALL TRAPPERS MUST PRE-REGISTER by Tuesday, February 16, 2016. Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “The 50 Feral Fix Reservations” in the subject. In the body of the email please Include your organization or trapper’s name, trapper’s email address and phone number and the number of cats you will be bringing in. We will respond with additional details.
NOTE: There are only a few reservations left! Contact us now – we will be starting a wait list, too.