This is our third exciting collaboration to help the people of Hunterdon County and their pets! The People For Animals Mobile Veterinary Clinic (The Spay Station) will be coming to Hunterdon County Polytech Animal Sciences to provide low cost spay and neuter.
And, it's a triple win - we are working together to prevent unwanted litters in Hunterdon, the surgeries are low cost, and the Animal Technologies students will experience a mobile veterinary clinic in action.
- WHO: Owned cats and dogs in Hunterdon County*
- WHAT: Low cost spay and neuter surgery (some breed, age and/or size restrictions apply - see list below) Includes pre-surgical exam, green tattoo, pain medication at the time of surgery, Elizabethan collar, take-home pain medication and medical waste fee.
- Female Dog 65 lbs or over: $141.72
- Male Dog 65 lbs or over: $131.72
- Female Dog under 65 lbs: $121.72
- Male Dog under 65 lbs: $111.72
- Female or Male Cat: $75.99
- NOTE: See "Additional Services" list (click here) for items that can be requested and paid for by the pet owner, including vaccinations, tests, microchips, flea and heartworm prevention.
- WHERE: People For Animals Mobile Veterinary Clinic, which will be parked adjacent to the Hunterdon Polytech Animal Sciences building (off Junction Road in Flemington.) There will be signs to direct folks dropping off and picking up their animals.
- WHEN: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - Drop off at 7:00 AM (dogs) and 7:30 AM (cats) / Pickup approx. 4:00 PM (or earlier, if approved for release - we will call)
- HOW: PET OWNERS MUST PRE-REGISTER. We will respond via email with additional information.
Reservations fill up quickly! Contact us now - we will be starting a short wait list, too.
*Depending upon the mix of animals, there will be approximately 20 spaces available at this clinic. We reserve the right to adjust as reservations come in and current need is established. If all reservations are not filled by May 15, 2018, we will extend invitations to pet owners in surrounding counties.
- Animals under 8 weeks of age or under 2 lbs
- Dogs over 7 years old
- Dogs with a history of seizures
- English/British Bulldogs (Olde English Bulldogs are accepted)
- Dogs over 65 lbs. (size/length will not fit on shorter operating tables in the mobile unit) Some exceptions made for more "compact, muscular" dogs, such as bully breeds. Please contact us if you have a question.
- Animals hit by car within the last 3 months
- Animals with a heart murmur greater than Grade III/VI
- Emaciated animals
Though our Spay-Neuter Fund, harnesslife.org will subsidize the surgery of any animal brought to this clinic if,
The owner can prove need by bringing and showing an ID card for any of the following:
- Food Stamps
- General Public Assistance
- Rental Assistance
- Aid To Families With Dependent Children
- Lifeline Utility Credit
- Tenants Lifeline Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income
- Pharmaceutical Assistance To Aged & Disabled
Or, the owner is active duty or a veteran of any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces.
Spay Neuter Surgery prices for qualifying owners:
- Female Dog 65 lbs or over: $70
- Male Dog 65 lbs or over: $65
- Female Dog under 65 lbs: $60
- Male Dog under 65 lbs: $55
- Female or Male Cat: $35