The 50 Feral Fix is back; this year it’s on National Feral Cat Day! Harnesslife.org is again collaborating with North Brunswick Humane Association and People For Animals in this larger scale event to support TNR (Trap-Neuter-Return) by providing free spay and neuter for 50 feral cats. Also, to make it easier for those without space for recovery, People for Animals has agreed to hold the cats for up to two days for post-op recovery ($5 per cat, per day). Here are the details:
- WHO: Feral cats in New Brunswick, North Brunswick Township, South Brunswick Township, East Brunswick, Milltown, Jamesburg, Spotswood and Monroe. Limit of 6 cats per trapper.
- WHAT: Free spay or neuter* (Includes rabies & distemper vaccines, ear tip, injectable antibiotics and pain control as indicated, tattoo and medical waste disposal.) To qualify for the free feral surgery, cats must be unsocialized and be part of a TNR effort. If the cat is adoptable/socialized (no ear tip), the TNR organization/trapper will be assessed a $35 fee per socialized cat. Additional services are available, including post-op boarding. All additional fees are paid by TNR organization/trapper.
- WHERE: People For Animals Clinic, 1 Sharon Road, Robbinsville, NJ 08691 This is at the Robbinsville location only.
- WHEN: Monday, October 16, 2017 – Drop off between 7:00 – 7:30 AM.
- Pickup Options:
- Monday, October 16 at 4:30 PM (or earlier, if approved for release – PFA will call)
- Tuesday, October 17 by 3:30 PM, if cats are spending one night post-op (additional charge of $5 per cat.)
- Wednesday, October 18 by 3:30 PM, if cats are spending two nights post-op (additional charge of $10 per cat.)
- Pickup Options:
- HOW: ALL TRAPPERS MUST PRE-REGISTER by Friday, October 6, 2017. Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “The 50 Feral Fix Reservations” as the subject. In the body of the email please include the following information:
- Your first and last name
- The name of your organization, if applicable
- Your email address
- Your mailing address
- Your phone number
- The town the cats are from
- The number of cats you anticipate for surgery
- A description of the situation and location of the cats you plan to bring to this clinic (i.e., backyard cats, local feral colony, etc.)
- Whether the cat(s) is feral or socialized
- The pickup date (Mon, 10/16 or Tues, 10/17 or Wed, 10/18)
We will respond with additional details, including optional additional services and costs.
NOTE: Reservations fill quickly! Contact us now – we will be starting a wait list, too.
*There are 50 spaces maximum. We reserve the right to adjust as reservations come in and current need is established.