April 18, 2017 UPDATE:
This clinic is now full - we are no longer accepting reservations. Please subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on facebook for announcements about upcoming clinics. Thanks!
April 14, 2017 UPDATE:
This clinic is almost full - we have room for ONE MORE DOG only. Please register ASAP!
This is our second exciting collaboration to help the people of Hunterdon County and their pets! The People For Animals Mobile Veterinary Clinic will be coming to Hunterdon County Polytech Animal Technologies to provide low cost spay and neuter. These sterilizations will be subsidized by harnesslife.org through our Spay-Neuter Fund.
And, it's a triple win - we are working together to prevent unwanted litters in Hunterdon, the surgeries are low cost, and the Animal Technologies students will experience a mobile veterinary clinic in action.
- WHO: Owned cats and dogs in Hunterdon County*
- WHAT: Low cost spay and neuter surgery (some breed, age and/or size restrictions apply - see list below) Includes pre-surgical exam, green tattoo, pain medication at the time of surgery, Elizabethan collar, take-home pain medication and medical waste fee.
- Female Dog 65 lbs or over: $50
- Male Dog 65 lbs or over: $45
- Female Dog under 65 lbs: $40
- Male Dog under 65 lbs: $35
- Female or Male Cat: $25
- NOTE: See "Additional Services" list below for items that can be requested and paid for by the pet owner.
- WHERE: People For Animals Mobile Veterinary Clinic, which will be parked adjacent to the Hunterdon Polytech Animal Technologies building (off Junction Road in Flemington.) There will be signs to direct folks dropping off and picking up their animals.
- WHEN: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - Drop off at 7:15 AM (dogs) and 7:45 AM (cats) / Pickup approx. 4:00 PM (or earlier, if approved for release - we will call)
- HOW: PET OWNERS MUST PRE-REGISTER. We will respond via email with additional information.
Reservations fill up quickly! Contact us now - we will be starting a short wait list, too.
*Depending upon the mix of animals, there will be approximately 20 spaces available at this clinic. We reserve the right to adjust as reservations come in and current need is established. If all reservations are not filled by April 15, 2017, we will extend invitations to Hunterdon County-based rescue groups for their adoptable animals.
- Animals under 8 weeks of age or under 2 lbs
- Any dog over 10 years old
- Dogs over 7 years old and over 25 lbs
- Dogs with a history of seizures
- Animals hit by car within the last 3 months
- Animals with a heart murmur greater than Grade III/VI
- Emaciated animals
- English/British Bulldogs (Olde English Bulldogs are accepted)
ADDITIONAL SERVICES (all prices include sales tax)
- +$15 Microchip (Includes Registration)
- +$10.69 Nail Trim – Cats or Dogs
- +$30 Feline Leukemia/FIV Test
- +$19 Rabies Vaccine
- +$19 Distemper Vaccine
- +$30 Feline Leukemia Vaccine
- +$16.03 Activyl® Flea Treatment Application
- +$30 Heartworm/Lyme/Ehrlichia/Anaplasmosis Test
- +$45 BMBT Test (Required For Doberman Pinschers)
- +$19 Rabies, Distemper, Leptospirosis, Canine Flu, Bordetella Vaccines (each)
- +$30 Lyme Vaccine
- +$19.24 Activyl® Flea Treatment Application
- +$21.38 Revolution® Flea & Tick Treatment Application
- +$53.44 Bravecto® Chewable Flea & Tick Preventative (to go home)
- +$26.72 Tri-Heart® 0-25 lbs. Chewable (6 Doses)
- +$37.41 Tri-Heart® 26-50 lbs. Chewable (6 Doses)
- +$48.09 Tri-Heart® 51-100 lbs. Chewable (6 Doses)