The 50 Feral Fix is back! This time we’re celebrating National Feral Cat Day. Harnesslife.org is again collaborating with North Brunswick Humane Association and People For Animals in this larger scale event to support TNR (Trap-Neuter-Return) by providing free spay and neuter for 50 feral cats. Also, to make it easier for those without holding or recovery space, People for Animals has agreed to hold the cats for one night pre-op on October 12 (no charge) and one night for post-op recovery on October 13 ($5 charge per cat). Here are the details:
- WHO: Feral cats in New Brunswick, North Brunswick Township, South Brunswick Township, East Brunswick, Milltown, Jamesburg, Spotswood and Monroe. Limit of 6 cats per trapper.
- WHAT: Free spay or neuter (Includes rabies & distemper vaccines, ear tip, injectable antibiotics and pain control as indicated, tattoo and medical waste disposal.) NOTE: To qualify for the free feral surgery, cats must be unsocialized and be part of a TNR effort. It the cat is adoptable/socialized (no ear tip), the TNR organization/trapper will be assessed a $35 fee per socialized cat. Additional services are available, including post-op boarding. All additional fees are paid by TNR organization/trapper.
- WHERE: People For Animals Clinic, 1 Sharon Road, Robbinsville, NJ 08691 NOTE: This is at the Robbinsville location only.
- WHEN: Thursday, October 13, 2016
- Drop off:
- Wednesday, October 12, by 3:30 PM, if cats are spending one night pre-op (no charge)
- Thursday, October 13 at 7:15 AM
- Thursday, October 13 at 4:30 PM (or earlier, if approved for release – PFA will call)
- Friday, October 14 by 3:30 PM, if cats are spending one night post-op (additional charge of $5 per cat.)
- Drop off:
- HOW: ALL TRAPPERS MUST PRE-REGISTER by Wednesday, October 5, 2016. Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “The 50 Feral Fix Reservations” as the subject. In the body of the email please Include the following information:
- Your first and last name
- The name of your organization, if applicable
- Your email address
- Your mailing address
- Your phone number
- The town the cats are from
- The number of cats you anticipate for surgery
- A description of the situation and location of the cats you plan to bring to this clinic (i.e., backyard cats, local feral colony, etc.)
- Whether the cat(s) is feral or socialized
- The drop off date (either Wed, Oct 12 or Thurs, Oct 13 – see info above)
- The pickup date (either Thurs, Oct 13 or Fri, Oct 14 – see info above)
We will respond with additional details, including optional additional services and costs.
NOTE: Reservations fill quickly! Contact us now – we will be starting a wait list, too.