The fundraiser, Yoga For A Cause, has been cancelled due to lack of enrollment. Bet you’re thinking . . . “What the heck – that’s not good newz!” You’re right. But there’s a lot of things that happened during the planning and promotion of this event that were good. No, they were great. That’s what I want to share with you today.
- We met a musically talented, creative and caring 8th grade young man named Chris. Yes, they do exist. This fundraiser was his idea and he was (and still is) willing to work hard to help harnesslife.org raise some money for our ♀Spay ♂Neuter Fund.
- We worked with Chris’ amazing Mom, Kelly. She’s a yoga instructor who specializes in helping people who have been diagnosed with cancer and is a survivor herself. She volunteers for Hospice, runs a support group, teaches yoga, is raising two wonderful sons – and has found time to help harnesslife.org. By the way, neither Kelly nor her sons are on facebook. No social media. No video games. They use their computers for email and homework only. Hmmmmm . . .
- We were introduced to Yoga Loka and were grateful that they donated their beautiful facility in Frenchtown, NJ. We appreciate their philosophy – and actions – of supporting individuals and groups that work to help others.
- We benefited from the posters, promotion and press releases that Chris and Kelly worked so hard to put out to the public. Although we had few actual sign ups for the class, harnesslife.org did receive some very generous donations. 100% of the money raised will go directly to the harnesslife.org ♀Spay ♂Neuter Fund!
- We continue to learn lessons about fundraising and the all-important issue of timing.
- We are very happy to know that Chris has offered to play music at our fun and wacky Holiday Pet Photos fundraisers this year!
Half a dozen positives from a cancelled fundraiser . . . we’re fine with that. What do you think?